In February 2019, at a meeting of timeshare owner committee representatives and management teams from resorts and home owner clubs around Europe, delegates unanimously supported the proposal to establish a powerful and representative body for timeshare owners and as such, EUROC was launched on 1st March, 2019.
In the year that followed, the new organisation has been well and truly put to the test, assisting with the many consequences of the Covid-19 pandemic. EUROC has worked hard to assist owners, Home Owner Clubs and Resorts with issues such as:
- Financial implications of the pandemic, including assistance with government aid issues.
- Owner wellbeing at clubs and resorts when they are open.
- Communication with owners.
- Guarding against unwanted, unsolicited calls, claims and exit scams that seek to use the pandemic situation.
EUROC is the only organisation that always represents the interest of timeshare owners. It has been created and is run on this basis – not for profit or ‘vested interests’. It is an independent organisation run by owners for owners.
Purpose and Focus
The purpose of EUROC is to represent the interests of its members and act as the official spokesbody for current or potential issues relating to timeshare ownership. EUROC is proactive in its approach, seeking solutions and advocating for positive outcomes before they potentially have an impact on timeshare owners.
The organisation is the official, independent, non-profit timeshare association that stands side by side with timeshare owners, committee representatives and resort management teams from timeshare clubs and resorts around Europe to form an alliance of likeminded people who all have the same goal, duty and commitment towards preserving, protecting and enhancing the world of timeshare ownership.
From acting as the front-facing advocate and public voice on timeshare-related issues, providing support and guidance to its members and protecting timeshare owners from fraudulent operators; EUROC’s primary goal is to provide a platform for clubs and resorts to come together as one voice for the timeshare ownership industry, share ideas and explore solutions for current and potential future issues impacting timeshare owners and their clubs.
Some of the areas EUROC will focus its attention include:
- Promoting best practice and fair-trading in all areas of the timeshare ownership industry.
- Consulting and supporting government officials and consumer bodies on matters that impact timeshare ownership.
- Through its seminars, club/resort visits and regular video calls with members, EUROC provides connections and networking opportunities for its members with like minded timeshare clubs and industry professionals.
- Protecting timeshare owners via its code of conduct.
- Liaising closely with the police, consumer bodies and enforcement agencies, EUROC helps the authorities combat fraudulent practices affecting timeshare owners.
Timeshare Clubs and Resorts working side by side and forming an alliance are more powerful and more effective…